Tuesday, June 3, 2008

You're A Good Mom

So I just had to share this book review that I found at Parenting.com (actually-- it came from a free Parenting magazine that was sent to me a while back. For some reason I get random free issues of Parenting magazine. Perhaps someone has taken pity on my poor children and signed me up for a "gift" subscription?)

What today's parenting lingo would have meant to our moms:

  • Floor time Time spent waxing the kitchen floor
  • Time-Out A short break during a sporting event, or taking a break from the laundry to watch Days of Our Lives
  • Kindergarten readiness Your kid's fifth birthday
  • Use your words "Knock it off, kids!"
  • Quality time Reading the paper in the car outside the theater where the kids are seeing The Bad News Bears
  • Teachable moments School
-From Your a Good Mom (And Your Kids Aren't So Bad Either), by Jen Singer


Call me old fashioned, but....

5 comments:

soybeanlover said...

You mean that's NOT what floor time means?!?!?!?!


With the amount of time I spend picking toys/half-eaten food/poop up off the floor, I don't need anymore 'floor time'.

b. said...

I was thinking that sounded exactly like me.

La Yen said...

Man, I need some quality time.

Putz said...

why isn't the mom inside the theater watching the bad news bears with her kids?????????????????????????????????????

Guileless Mom said...

I'll take a time-out, please. (Is Days of Our Lives even on the air??)